Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese treatment that makes use of the body’s natural energy systems called meridians. When pain is present, there is a blockage of energy (or chi) that doesn’t allow free flow and function. Extremely fine needles are inserted at acupoints along these energy channels to help with many different conditions. This process signals the release of endorphins and serotonin to kill pain and induce a more relaxed mood.
At Souldance Wellness, we offer safe and effective acupuncture as a treatment for a variety of issues that result in pain. Acupuncture is an age-old treatment that produces optimal results when used consistently – usually six to twelve sessions over a three-month period. As you relax on the table, Dr. Lisa places the tiny needles at acupoints located at various places on the body, at times applying heat or electrical stimulation to the needles and enhancing your overall therapeutic response.
This method is increasing in popularity, as it causes little risk of serious, negative side effects and increased usefulness in a variety of medical conditions. It’s even thought to release chemicals in the brain that encourage blood flow, reduce inflammation, and calm the brain.
Other conditions this practice can help treat include:
Benefits of Acupuncture
Dr. Lisa specializes in this gentle, non-invasive treatment to work against pain, anxiety, and fatigue. Acupuncture helps to maximize benefits such as:
- Reduced back, neck, and joint pain – Life is physically impactful. This technique decreases pain intensity while also reducing tension, swelling, and inflammation in the affected areas.
- Reduced stress - Stress is one of the top reasons people seek acupuncture. Research proves this method lowers stress hormone levels and improves mood and feelings of happiness.
- Improved mental clarity – A clear mind is powerful. Patients typically experience increased energy levels and cognition, leading to more productivity and often better sleep at night.
- Enhanced post-op recovery – A healthy immune system fosters a smoother recovery from surgery. Acupuncture is thought to increase blood flow and support the immune system in fighting off pathogens. This leads to quicker, more natural healing.
- Migraine relief – Headaches can be too painful to bear. This treatment is proven to reduce the intensity of migraines and the duration in which they last, causing you to suffer longer. The more sessions of acupuncture, the less frequency of headaches.